In today’s episode, Ivana and Raoul discuss the art of getting things done and creating a system for productivity. Topics include dealing with burnout and overwhelm, creating a time management system outside of your own brain, and making sure your to-do lists are realistic.
Topics covered in this episode:
– Raoul’s breakthrough moment.
– How Raoul began to utilize the skillsets outlined in ‘Getting Things Done’ by David Allen.
– Avoiding distractions.
– The importance of having an accountability system.
– Analyzing what you need before you start.
– Why your brain isn’t a time management tool and how to get around it.
– Creating a system that is outside of your own brain that you can review everyday.
– Overcoming your brains’ resistance to change.
– How a coach can help you create change and avoid overwhelm.
– Getting the tiny actions done that are needed to get big things moving.
– Finding out what your priorities are.
– Accounting for external factors.
– Getting over rumination.
– Why Ivana creates a thought dump list.
– Why Raoul sets priorities instead of deadlines.
– Creating realistic to-do lists.
– Breaking tasks down into smaller parts.