The Ecommerce Independent Podcast tackles the ecommerce world and helps you build your own business while sharing experiences and tips to help you tackle your fears. Hosts Ivana Petrovic and Raoul van Heerden are experienced ecommerce entrepreneurs that have built their agencies from the ground up. They’re here to tell you how they did it and how you can join them.
In today’s episode, Ivana and Raoul discuss the inspiration behind creating this podcast and give us a little insight into agency life. They also lay out where they hope to take this podcast in future episodes. If you are just starting out, today’s episode can give you an idea of what it is like to begin your ecommerce journey.
Together Ivana and Raoul take on topics such as leaving your comfort zone, why it’s beneficial to have an accountability partner and the importance of taking action, even if the circumstances aren’t perfect.
Topics covered in this episode:
– The intention of this podcast.
– How Raoul wants to teach and help others through this medium.
– Why you need and ‘accountability partner’: Motivation over procrastination.
– The need of frequent performance and procedure review.
– The importance of documenting processes.
– Taking on and incorporating employee feedback in your S.O.P.
– Creating adaptable processes that grow with your business.
– Why you need to delegate responsibilities.
– Empathy maps and market analysis.
– Overcoming analysis paralysis.
– Normalizing working at home.
– Taking action rather than waiting for perfection.
– Respecting individual work styles.
– Having awareness of your daily process.