Ivana and Raoul discuss what it means to be a Google Partner along with the ins and outs of what being a partner is in this episode.
They explore what Google expects of its partners, whether it’s even worth being a partner, and how the qualification criteria to become a certified Google Partner has changed.
Topics covered in this episode:
– Ivanna’s experience of becoming a Google Partner.
– How Raoul became a Google Partner.
– Becoming certified as a qualified professional.
– The different tiers of the Google Partner program.
– What is the true value of Google certifications?
– The pitfalls of the certification process.
– What are the key changes in qualification criteria to become Google Partner?
– The impacts of criteria change on local businesses.
– How company spend is currently gauged and how it is changing.
– The problem with Google’s new recommendation threshold.
– Treading the line between what your clients want and what Google wants.
– Why getting rid of Google representatives that aide businesses is a detriment.
– What you need to consider before implementing changes.
– How Google is shifting away from working with businesses.
– The disadvantages of Smart shopping campaigns.
– Communicating changes to your clients.