In today's episode, Ivana and Raoul discuss the influence of Amazon on your ecommerce business. As the platform continues to become even more common, influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic, it presents complex challenges for sellers to overcome.
Together, Ivana and Raoul discuss diversifying from the Amazon storefront, building your brand outside of Amazon, and the cost of advertising on Amazon.
Topics covered in this episode:
– The perils of relying on one source of revenue.
– Ivana’s experience with selling on Amazon.
– Understanding the correlations between Google Ads and Amazon.
– Competing with the problem of unethical selling on the platform.
– Why is it so difficult to move away from Amazon?
– How to build your brand outside of your Amazon storefront.
– How COVID has impacted ecommerce businesses on Amazon.
– Using Amazon as a starting point for your business.
– The importance of making a contingency plan for any eventuality.
– Understanding the time frame for scaling your business.
– The frustrating lack of statistics and data available to you on Amazon.
– Collecting and storing data points outside of Amazon.
– Tips on how to diversify away from Amazon.
– Keeping control of your pricing.
– Why you need to create a reward program.
– Measuring your expectations of Google Ads as you diversify.
– How product inserts bring customers back.
– Weighing the cost of ads on Amazon.